Everyone these days is reading eBooks. Also, many people are exploring their family history. You may therefore be wondering how you can find the best ebooks for your genealogy research.
Whether you prefer to read on a tablet or mobile phone, an eBook will be perfect for discovering your ancestry.
Even though eBooks are digital, and easier to store than printed books, searching for the right one can be challenging.
The world of eBooks is full of different choices.
So, how do you find the best ebooks for genealogy?
This article will tell you everything you need to know about finding the best eBooks to help with your research.
You will learn where to find them, and how to use them effectively.
Keep reading to discover more…
What is an eBook?
An eBook is a digital version of a printed book. It is exactly the same as a printed book except that it is digital.
So, you can read it on a computer, tablet, or mobile phone e.g eBook for metabolic syndrome treatment, etc.
Some ebooks are free to download, and some are available for a small fee.
There are many different kinds of eBooks for genealogy.
Some are general guides about genealogy, and others are specifically about researching your family tree.
The eBooks for genealogy are available in many different formats, including PDF.
How to Find the Best eBooks for Genealogy
For finding anything online you should be good at conducting your own research. For example, if you want to cut some extra kilos you should first research properly about a good weight loss plan. You will need a plan that will suit your body.
Likewise finding the best eBooks for genealogy will allow you to use the latest research on your family tree.
The best eBooks are usually published by professional genealogy companies.
These companies use their own research, so the information in their ebooks is likely to be up to date.
Depending on what particular path of genealogy you are researching, there are different types of eBooks you should look for.
For example, if you are tracing your family tree, you may want to find eBooks that will guide you on best practices.
If you are researching a specific person from the past then you may want to find eBooks that show where you can collect such information.
Where to Find Good eBooks for Genealogy
The best place to find good eBooks for genealogy depends on what you are researching.
For example, if you are interested in genealogy in general, you could try Amazon.
However, if you are looking for eBooks for a specific topic then you may need to search elsewhere.
Some of the best places include:
- Genealogy websites – You can find eBooks at genealogy websites, such as Genealogy.com and Geni.com. These websites often have eBooks on various topics, including finding your family tree, collecting information about specific people, and more.
- Archives – Archives, such as the British Library, often publish genealogy eBooks. These are often collections of articles. So you will find information about many different topics in one eBook.
Things to consider when finding the best eBooks for genealogy
When finding the best ebooks for genealogy there are a few things you need to consider, including:
- Usefulness – The best genealogy eBooks will include information guides, tips, and practical information that can further your understanding of your ancestors.
- Authorship – You need to be sure that the information in an eBook is accurate. An eBook written by a professional genealogy company will likely be more beneficial.
- Accuracy – The best eBooks include information that will be up to date.
- Format – eBooks are available in many different formats, including PDF and ePUB.
5 of the best eBooks for genealogists
Below are five of the best genealogy ebooks that I have come across
- Family Tree: A Beginner’s Guide to Finding Your Family History – This is a great eBook for beginners who are just starting out. It includes information on how to collect information about your family, where to find records, and more. The author is Tim Corley, the founder of Genealogy.com. So, it is definitely worth a read.
- The Genealogist: A Guide for Information and Research – If you are new to genealogy, and want to find out how to research your family tree, this is an excellent choice. It covers everything from finding birth, marriage, and death certificates to researching immigration records.
- Finding Your Roots: Using Records and Resources to Reconnect with Your Family History – This is one of the best genealogy eBooks that I recommend. It is written by Henry Louis Gates Jr., a leading genealogist, and host of the hit TV show Finding Your Roots. The book includes information on how to research your family history, including advice on how to find immigration records.
- 101 Famous Genealogy Websites That Help You Discover Your Family History – This eBook is a great guide to genealogy websites. It explores these sites and what information they have. It is a great way to find out which websites you should use to research your family tree.
- The Oxford Guide to Finding Your Family History in the British Isles – This is a great eBook to use if you are interested in researching records in the British Isles. It covers everything from birth, marriage, and death records to tax and immigration records.
How to use eBooks for genealogy research
You can use eBooks for genealogy research in lots of different ways. Some eBooks are available as PDFs, which are basically computer documents.
You can read PDFs on a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
Other eBooks are available in an ePUB format as I have mentioned before. These can also be read on your computer or tablet.
With ePUB eBooks, you can also download them to your computer, tablet, or mobile phone and read them offline, without an Internet connection.
When you are researching genealogy eBooks you will want to make sure you have a good computer or laptop.
You will also want a good source of power, such as a power bank. This is because computers and tablets can run out of battery very quickly.
You do not want to be in the middle of research only for your device to fail you.
You will also want to make sure you have a computer or tablet with enough storage as many eBooks are very large and can take up lots of memory. But also your research may also take up a lot of space on your computer.
The best eBooks for genealogy
When choosing the best genealogy eBooks please make sure that the information that you refer to is up-to-date, relevant, and useful.
Also, check to see whether they are available in PDF or ePUB format so that you can read them on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
If you are new to genealogy then you will definitely want to start with a general guide to genealogy. This will help ease you onto your family history journey.
These guides will provide you with information about how to research your family tree and where to find records.
As you become more experienced you can move on to more specific eBooks, such as eBooks about records in the British Isles, or a specific person.
eBooks can be a great resource for genealogy researchers. As stated earlier the best genealogy eBooks tend to be from professional genealogy companies.
You can find eBooks online at genealogy websites, archives, and also in libraries.
Please make sure that the eBook is up-to-date and accurate. And if you are a beginner that it is written for people who are new to genealogy.
Thank You and Please Leave A Comment
I hope you enjoyed this guide on how you can find the best eBooks for genealogy. If you have any questions or comments then please leave a comment below.
Please share with family and friends if you think this post will help others by using the social media buttons below.